Hair masks are just as beneficial, if not more so, than regular conditioners. Unlike a typical conditioner that rests on the surface of a strand, a hair mask works its way inside the hair cuticle. So, its key point in using proper hair mask depending on your hair type. We are giving here 3 commonly used homemade hair masks for different 3 types of hair i.e. Oily Normal and dry Hair. Try it depending on your hair type and see the difference.
Hair Mask For Oily Hair
A lot of people are afraid to use a hair mask for oily hair because of the fear that it might become even oilier. The idea behind a mask for oily hair is to find one that controls and reduces the secretion of oil, and yet does not take away nutrition from your hair. This hair mask is specially made for oily hair and works perfectly.
How To Make Homemade Hair Mask For Oily Hair?
1. 1 tablespoon of water
2. 1 large pinch of fruit salt
3. The paste of 2 amlas
4. 1 egg white
1. Beat the egg white until it is fluffy and add the other ingredients to it.
2. Apply the mixture onto your hair.
3. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and rinse it off to make sure there’s no residue.
4. Use a good shampoo to clean your hair thoroughly and let it air-dry.
Benefits Of Hair Mask For Oily Hair :
1. Removes grease
2. Adds volume to the hair
3. Unclogs pores and reduces hair fall
Hair Mask For Normal Hair
This is possibly one of the easiest masks to make, and it lasts for up to a week if stored in the refrigerator. This mask aims to replenish the lost nutrition and health of the hair. It also restores its softness and luster.
How To Make Homemade Hair Mask For Normal Hair?
1. 1 egg
2. 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
3. 1 teaspoon of almond oil
4. 1 tablespoon of honey
5. 4 tablespoons of flat beer
1. Separate the yolk from the white and mix it with the other ingredients.
2. Apply this mixture to your scalp.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of flat beer to the white of the egg. Beat it until fluffy.
4. Apply this mixture all over your hair from the roots to the tips.
5. Cover your hair with a shower cap and let the mixtures sit in your hair for 30-40 minutes.
6. Wash it off using a good shampoo and let your hair air-dry.
Benefits Of Hair Mask For Normal Hair :
1. Makes hair silky and voluminous
2. Adds shine
3. Nourishes hair
4. Improves health of the scalp
Hair Mask For Dry Hair
This hair mask makes your hair super manageable, soft, and less frizzy. It is a perfect conditioning mask that does not weigh your hair down.
How To Make Homemade Hair Mask For Dry Hair?
1. 4 tablespoons of honey
2. 1 teaspoon of almond paste (4 skinned almonds blended with 1/2 tablespoon rosewater)
3. 2 tablespoons of cream
1. Mix the honey and almond paste in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat the cream until it’s slightly fluffy and then add it to the honey-almond mixture.
3. Apply the mask to your hair, from the roots to the tips. Keep it on for at least 30 minutes.
4. Rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water. Finish with a mild shampoo and let your hair air-dry.
NOTE: You can substitute the cream with yogurt, although the results will slightly vary.
Benefits Of This Homemade Hair Mask For Dry Hair :
1. Moisturizes hair
2. Soothes the scalp
3. Encourages healthy hair growth
Source : Meenal